See How Beautiful Independence Can Be!
Jim and Debbie Chesbrough started Wood Wise Construction back in 1978. While we have been a fully licensed and insured General Contractor since 1984, we have been focusing on “Universal Design” or Handicap Accessible Renovations for “Barrier Free” living spaces since 1994. Watching several members of our own family cope with disabling life changes gave us the impetus to focus our work and expertise knowing we are helping improve the quality of life for others. To better describe our prime focus, in March of 2010 we added our dba: Accessible Solutions, with two showrooms at present highlighting the Best Accessible Bathing Products available. Our showroom is conveniently located at the Letourneau Medical Complex, 349 N. Main Street, Andover, Massachusetts (only 1/2 mile off 495 on Route 28). Our certified crews service from Worcester County, Massachusetts all the way up to Southern Maine and southern New Hampshire.
Our greatest satisfaction has come from focusing on making life easier for:
- Seniors who are determined to live safely and independently in their own home.
- Folks who are coping with a disability and are seeking to regain their independence by being able to perform their daily activities with greater ease and safety.
- Baby boomers who are planning ahead so that they can stay in their own home as they safely "age in place".
- Caregivers who are caring for an aged parent or other family member coping with a disability or catastrophic illness.
- Those of us who are grown children worried about their aged parents living alone at home.
Accessible Solutions by Wood Wise Construction is a family owned business with over 30 years of construction experience. We can help you to stay at home and preserve as much self-sufficiency as possible by making your home safer, accessible and more comfortable - all without making your home look like a hospital! Be it for senior living, assisted living, or care-giving - life is easier and so much safer when it is barrier free!
From widened doorways to wheelchair ramps; from custom tiled roll-in showers, to walk-in tubs, as well as accessible kitchens and specialty accessories, we can help you to make the transition easier!
- Mass Construction Supervisor Lic. #044627
- Mass Home Improvement Registration #115815
- Veterans Association Builder I.D. #1560
- M. S. Society Contractor
We believe individuals should be able to stay in their own home safely, as long as they want to. We are specialists in helping people of all abilities overcome access issues.